In this blog, discover the benefits of treating myopia early. Myopia is one of the most common vision issues among children, with 1 in 3 being myopic. It’s an epidemic that is projected to affect half of the world’s population by the year 2050. At Treehouse Eyes, our goal is to give children better vision for life so they can accomplish their goals and avoid other serious vision problems in the future.
Treatment Some of the short-term benefits of myopia treatment include increased confidence in your child, better vision to engage more actively in school and other activities, and an overall better quality of life.
1. Improved vision: Treehouse Eyes offers a holistic approach to myopia management. Specializing in treatment options for myopia, Treehouse Eyes doctors take into account a child’s background, genetics, and lifestyle. After evaluation, your child will receive proper treatment for myopia such as contact lenses or prescription eye drops.
2. Better academic performance: Children with myopia may often experience difficulty reading the board or seeing the screen in a classroom setting. It can also cause a lack of confidence to speak up in class because of their vision impairment. Treating myopia can help your child see clearly and give them the confidence to engage academically.
3. Reduce Eye Strain: Children with myopia may experience headaches and other symptoms from trying to focus on distant objects. Myopia treatment can help alleviate these symptoms for your child.
4. Increased quality of life: Treating myopia early on can help improve your child’s confidence by allowing them to participate in a wider range of activities. This can also help them excel at hobbies they currently struggle with due to their vision. Some studies show the relationship between myopia and mental health issues. Myopia management can lead to improved mental health and overall happiness for your child.
There are numerous long-term benefits to treating myopia early on, which is where the Treehouse Eyes mission, “giving children better vision for life,” comes into play.
1. Reduce the risk of serious eye diseases: High myopia can lead to other serious eye diseases such as glaucoma, retinal detachments, macular degeneration, and cataracts. Early intervention to treat myopia is key so your Treehouse Eyes doctor can greatly reduce those risks for your child.
2. More Career Prospects: Some careers may require good vision such as the military, aviation industry, surgeons and paramedics, or any rescue team such as a firefighter or a lifeguard. By slowing down the progression of myopia, your child will have a larger range of opportunities and won’t be held back by their myopia.
3. Lower healthcare costs: Treating myopia early might save your child higher vision care costs. Treatment of other eye diseases can be expensive, so the earlier myopia is treated, the less likely it could lead to an eye disease that is more serious.
4. Overall Improved Quality of Life: People with myopia may experience day-to-day difficulties with things such as difficulties driving, playing sports, or reading. Early intervention for myopia is key and can improve overall vision making daily activities easier and more enjoyable.
Treehouse Eyes offer customized contact lenses and special prescription eye drops, and our doctors develop personalized treatment plans for each child. We will be able to determine which treatment plan works the best for your child at the first consultation with your Treehouse Eyes doctor. Schedule a consultation now to find out more.